CareerSource Research Coast recognized 6 companies during the Martin
County “Best Places to Work” Awards Ceremony and Luncheon last week. The awards were categorized in two groups; under 50 employees and over 50 employees.
Each company participated in a survey process led by Personnel Dynamics Consulting. The survey including 37 different measurements to calculate turnover rates, growth percentages, employee development spending, promotion percentages, insurance packages and retirement plans. Each measurement is then entered into a specially designed computer program which determines the county’s Best Places to Work.
We are happy to announce the winners and a few strong identifiers that makes them the Best Places to Work Martin County 2016:
And the winners are:
“Under 50 Employees” Category:
- Big Five Tours & Expeditions: 0% turnover rate, over $2,000 spent per employee on training and professional development, 27% employee promotion rate and flexible work schedule
- Children’s Services Council: 10% low turnover rate, 100% participation in fully funded retirement program, fully funded health insurance plan, four-day work week availability and 36 paid days off after one year of employment
- RV Johnson: 10% low turnover rate, 80% of employees are involved in bonus program, 95% of employees participate in voluntary retirement program, flexible work week at 37.5 hours and on-site employee lounge
- Tykes & Teens: 24.1% growth rate, 39 hours average employee training and professional development, 91% of employees participate in life insurance program, employee company committee participation program, and travel bear program where company mascot travels with employees
“Over 50 Employees” Category:
• Martin County Clerk of Court: 12.8% promotion rate, 13% low turnover rate, 29 paid time off after one year of employment, employee referral program, “Star of the Month” employee program selected by peers and customers
• Optima Healthcare Solutions: over $2,000 per employee spent on training and professional development, 100% participation in voluntary retirement program, employee assistance program for employees and their families, each department has “stand-up” meetings to discuss ongoing projects and future growth projects, pancake and bagels breakfast every Thursday and catered lunch every Friday
• Proctor, Crook, Crowder & Fogal: 1.4% low turnover rate, 12% growth rate, 68% of employees participate in employee bonus program, catered breakfast, lunches and dinners several times a month, and flex schedules to balance work and family needs
• Sailfish Point: 11% low turnover rate, over $1,200 per employee spent training and professional development, average 58 hours of individual employee training, over $100,000 awarded in scholarships to employees and their families, and an annual golf tournament and talent show where employees win cash prizes
CareerSource Research Coast presented the 2016 Martin County Best Places to Work program in partnership with the Business Development Board of Martin County, Palm City Chamber of Commerce, Stuart/Martin Chamber of Commerce, Indiantown Western Martin County Chamber of Commerce and HR Martin County. The event was sponsored by Martin Health System, STS Aviation Group, Triumph Aerospace Structures, Awareness Technology, Florida Power & Light, Spherion and Seacoast Bank.