Benefit to Your Organization
The more quickly the Rapid Response strategy is implemented, the better off your company and workers will be. Contact your state’s Dislocated Worker Unit to notify them of impending layoffs; providing Rapid Response to your workers will help assure:
- Higher productivity and worker morale and lower absenteeism during layoff event due to reduced stress.
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly when services are begun prior to layoff
- Decreased likelihood of sabotage or work disruptions
- Media and rumor management. Rapid Response teams understand the often confidential nature of layoffs, and will work with the company to ensure confidentiality at all times
- Better public relations for an employer. Rapid Response teams can also work with the media to highlight services an employer is providing to its workers during a layoff period, which will improve a company’s public image
Rapid Response teams can also provide information to companies with regard to any state or federal requirements or laws for notification, including the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act.
Benefits to Your Workers
The decision to lay off employees is one no employer wants to make. However, as layoffs do occur, inviting our Rapid Response team to meet with affected workers prior to the layoff will allow your employees to access services and programs that will help them through this difficult time. Our Rapid Response team can provide your employees with information and services, including:
- Career counseling and job search assistance
- Resume preparation and interviewing skills workshops
- Information on the local labor market
- Unemployment insurance
- Information about Education and training opportunities