The application process for 2017 Summer of Success is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied for the 2017 St. Lucie County Summer of Success Program. We look forward to another great summer!
Like us on Facebook to watch the program in action https://www.facebook.com/csrcyouth/
Important Program Information
Transportation will not be provided. You must be able to get to/from your training site and internship site. Need transportation for Summer of Success? Click here to check the local bus routes! Once your application is completed and submitted, you will be contacted for a formal interview appointment. If you are selected based on your completed application and interview score, you and a parent or guardian MUST attend one Parent Orientation. Please ensure you are 100% available for the entire program. Dates are as follows:
- March 10th, 2017- applications available online
- April 21st– final day to submit applications
- May 1st-5th– participant interviews conducted at various school sites
- May 12th– notification of acceptance or placement on waiting list will be emailed to all applicants
- May 16th– Program Orientation 6:00pm-8:00pm at Northport Middle School Media Center
- May 18th– Program Orientation 5:00pm-6:00pm at Fort Pierce Magnet School Media Center
- June 12th-23rd – Youth Employment Success Solutions (YESS) Class 9:00am-3:00pm (Normal class hours Monday-Thursday 9:00am-3:00pm, Fridays are class make up days from 9:00am-12:00pm) YESS Class location assignments will be announced at Program Orientations.
- June 22nd– YESS Graduation Ceremony at Fort Pierce Central High School Auditorium.
- June 26th-August 4th– Internship (job locations, times, etc. will vary based on individual participant’s placement). Participants are paid a wage of $8.10/hour and work 32 hours per week during the 6 week internship period.
Employers interested in hosting an internship should contact Jodi McNamara at email@example.com