Summer of Success St. Lucie 2019
Summer of Success 2019 runs from June 10 – August 2. Eligible youth who participate in the program will attend Youth Employment Success Solutions (YESS) training, where they will learn valuable skills to help them succeed in the workplace. Those who complete the classroom portion of the program will then participate in a six-week internship program where they will earn $9.00/hour for 32 hours per week.
- Be between the ages of 16-21
- Reside in St. Lucie County
- Provide required documents & complete an application
- Commit to 2 weeks participation in YESS program
- Be able to complete a 6-week paid internship
You will need to upload two letters of reference and your identifying documents as part of your Summer of Success 2019 application. Before you apply, please make sure you have gathered the following documents:
- Two letters of reference (If you are currently attending school, one of these letters must come from a teacher or school staff member. The second letter may come from a community organization, church, or employer.)
- Your photo ID, school ID, or passport
- Your social security card or birth certificate.
How to Apply
- Complete your application online
- Attend your in-person interview (interview will be scheduled once your completed application is processed)
- Attend orientation (you will be notified of dates/locations upon receipt of your completed application)
Employer Hosting Opportunity!
2019 Summer of Success St. Lucie Program Seeks Employers to Host Youth Interns This Summer!
Private, non-profit, and public companies are urged to provide short term, meaningful internship opportunities. Internships are needed for 120 youth, ages 16-21 residing in St. Lucie County. Youth are compensated through the program at no cost to the sponsoring company for up to 32 hours per week. All youth attend youth employees success and solution training prior to placement. Youth are matched to a worksite according to career interests and geographical location. Internships are assigned to worksites for six weeks.
*Sponsored in part by the Board of County Commissioners, St.Lucie County, Florida